the calling

Love Divine
Has seen and counted,every tear it caused to fall. And the storm which Love appointed, was the choicest gift of all. "One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after. That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in His temple."-Ps27:4




Links
Life BPC
Bible
Spurgeon's M&E
Bible.org
My Utmost for His highest

Saturday, May 03, 2008

There is something bigger


Than myself, than the world. It's the first time I've seen this more clearly than before.


As I traipsed down Orchard Road, I saw the souls. So many of them. Different garb, different speak, personalities, positions. And You know all of them intimately. You know their worries and their fears, their loved ones, their desires. Whether or not they are in Your fold. I finally caught a glimpse of what the whole of mankind means to You, Lord. When you offer invitations into Your kingdom, You aim it at the whole of mankind. "Whosoevers", "all"- the magnitude of that offer is incomprehensible to me.


It must break Your heart to see them falling away, abusing You in their hearts and through their lives. You, who desire that none should perish. You stand at the door and knock, and wait to enter in. But who responses?
You wait.


You who exists out of our concept of time, but are the author of time itself- the alpha and omega, the beginning and the end. I wonder why You care about what I'm going to have for my next meal, or how I'm going to do in my third-year uni exams. You shouldn't really. But You do.


That is the greatest mystery to me, Lord. Why You care. Why I am so precious to You, the apple of Your eye and all that. And how You actually care about all those people that I saw, and never got to see. It's a wonderful realization, that my God is not only GREAT, but also a personal God. I once shared this to others in a devotion, "He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. He determines the number of the stars; he gives to all of them their names (Psalm 147:3-4)"... the contrast in these 2 verses are stark. The intensely human, private pain of a number, against the backdrop of the uncountable stars in the sky. Why should You care?


But You do. You really do. You gave up something extremely precious, your Son, to save all of us. In the words of my friend- we're rotten and keep making mistakes, but You made us princesses and princes to reign through You. Why? I shall care less about the why but thank You forever and always. Lord, save them...

<
    Â